Game Design Zen : Episode 007
Joe challenged me, â€œbalanced difficulty is missing the mark.â€ And then, he pointed to games like Farmville, city simulators, and Cookie Clicker. He had some good points. He is not your average Joe.
- Joe’s Challenge – “Balanced Difficulty is missing the mark” (01:30)
- Flow Revisited (03:15)
- Not Just Flow (09:00)
- Happiness – Accomplishment (09:40)
- Martin Seligman -Â Flourish
- Winning Can Be Boring (11:20)
- Raph Koster – A Theory of Fun (12:00)
- Habits (15:30)
- ZiegarnikÂ Effect (18:25)
- Zen MomentÂ (26:35)
Game Design Zen is the intersection of game design, life, and the pursuit of excellence. It is the #1 resource for developers, artists, and designers including the art, science, and business of better games. Level up to zen.