Game Design Zen : Episode 009
What Now? I’ve got a great story, set in a far-distant future. Not sure what to do next. As crazy as it sounds, this happens sometimes. This episode explores what a game is to help us all improve our designs.
- Kenzai’s Request – More Conversational (0:40)
- League of Legends World Championships (05:15)
- “How do I fill this with something exciting?” (06:10)
- What is a Game? (08:40)
- Ted Brown’s Idea (13:10)
- Goals + Mechanics + Feedback
- Why We Care – The Definition In Our Head (18:20)
- What is a Mechanic? (20:45)
- What’s the Player Doing? (22:20)
- The Core Mechanic! World of Warcraft + GTAV
- Start With One (27:00)
- Zen Moment (28:00)
- The One Line Elevator Pitch
Game Design Zen is the intersection of game design, life, and the pursuit of excellence. It is the #1 resource for developers, artists, and designers including the art, science, and business of better games. Level up to zen.